- To read straight through in the old-fashioned way, like
a book or a slide-show, follow the little arrows at the top of
(almost) each page or, equivalently, the“Back a Page / Next
Page” links at the bottom. That way,
you’ll encounter every item I’ve put in here.
- Near its bottom, each page bears a link to "Such a Life," which
takes you to Page 0-01, the start of the whole document (displaying
- Below that link, on each page, appears one labeled
“Contents”, a one-page (Page 0-11) linked summary of chapters, sections, and subsections. Whenever you’ve wandered, you can always find your way, back or forward, via this link.
- Most browsers also provide a way to retrace recent steps.
- Local page indexes, linked on most pages, provide more detailed
signposts within the account’s neighborhoods. Within sections, the page numbers at lower right act much as those in ordinary printed texts.
- If you’re perusing a printed version of this document,
please keep in mind that it wasn’t designed to work best in hard copy format. If you can bring yourself to approach it on the computer
screen, you’ll find that the pictures are clearer there, and the hypertext links will give you a lot more flexibility. I also have
higher-resolution versions of most of the images, and you’re
welcome to them, on request.